Mission & Vision
Mission Statement: Hope in Northern Virginia, Inc. upholds the sanctity of all human life, born and unborn, and empowers individuals to choose life by providing alternatives to abortion and sharing the hope of Jesus Christ.
Vision: Our vision is to see our community become a place where abortion is unthinkable because every individual recognizes the sanctity of human life and is transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in the Father, Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. In Jesus Christ the love, mercy, and grace of God are made known to us and all people.
- We believe that God is the author and creator of all life, and that we are created in His likeness and image. As such, we believe and affirm that all life has inherent value, worth, and dignity because it is created by God.
- On the basis of this inherent value, we seek to protect and care for life in all stages of God’s creation, from conception to natural death.
- We believe that abortion is never necessary or appropriate medical care for women or her unborn child.
- We affirm the inherent dignity and humanity of all women who come to us in need and recognize their vulnerability and often the difficult circumstances in which they have been placed. Hope serves its clients regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, legal or disabled status.
- Hope’s mission, therefore, extends not only to providing services through birth, but also a holistic approach* that continues to care for and minister to the bodily and spiritual needs of mother, child, and family after birth.
*emotional, practical, and spiritual support